2019年11月16日 星期六

【PMP專案管理心得分享】鄭紹雯(108/9/11考取PMP)

63屆台北PMP週日班  鄭紹雯(PJM)


上課之前

Prior to attending SXMC’s PMP course, I had already been a Project Manager for a leading global electronic solutions company for nearly four years.  My project teams often comprised of members of different nationality and locations.  Sometimes meeting planning could prove to be challenging when scheduling colleagues in various geographical locations.

I was aware of PMP and had been thinking to attain the certification.  With a young child and family and busy work schedule, I was hesitant to take on this task.  During one of my immediate supervisor’s visit to Taiwan, she asked me about pursuing PMP certificate.  I inquired with friends and SXMC was the most recommended PMP education provider.

上課階段

While attending the training course, I took leave from weekend family activities. When my young son asked when I can play with him, I said mommy will play with you after my course and pass the exam.  I scheduled study time after work hours to keep up with the instructors’ pace.  Mr. Huang and his team were systematic and pragmatic in their approach to knowledge share and coaching the foundation and details of PMBOK version 6 to their students.  They taught the principles and drew from real work experiences to share with the class.

Understanding the principles and their logic are crucial and referencing your own experience alongside with class material was very helpful too.  Throughout the course, Mr. Huang and his team continued to stress importance of understanding and not memorizing.  There may be some that memorizing would help, but most of all, understanding is the key.  

上完課程的準備階段

As the course was coming to an end and mock tests were administered either online or in class, my anxiety grew.  Scores from my first couple mock tests were not satisfactory.  While my classmates began reserving their exam appointments, I was told to check back with instructor before making my exam appointment.

Not wanting to wait any longer I began booking for my exam in mid-August.  The only available dates were in September and I booked 9/19 after the Mid-Autumn Festival.  During one review session, my classmate said how can you enjoy your holiday, if you take the exam after the festival?  I was lucky to find the exam center had new time slots before the holiday, so I moved it up to 9/11.  I told myself it is a symbolic date and would be a new personal milestone.  I took 3.5 days annual leave from work to fully immerse myself with the course material and review.

考前衝刺

I did not sleep well the night before.  With only a few hours of sleep, I had my last read of notes.  I ate an early lunch before taking my 11:30am exam, as I learned one classmate had skipped a meal which cost him the exam. I remember the staff coming in to tell me I had only five minutes remaining before my four hours were up.  I had only 30 seconds left when I finished question #200.  With only 30 seconds remaining, I did not review the questions that I marked.  It was the longest few seconds after I submit my exam.  As the words you pass showed up on the screen, I couldn’t believe that I made it!

給仕新的話

Big thanks to SXMC’s lead instructor, Mr. Huang and his team of instructors.  This would not have been possible without their instruction and coaching.  I trusted their approach and followed their advice along the way.  Of course, as a student, I too had to pull my own weights and study.  SXMC provided me the tool to study and it was up to me to schedule time to do the studying!

I would not hesitate to recommend SXMC to any interested candidates for PMP education course!

沒有留言:

張貼留言